Sunday, May 18, 2008

thinking

another day successfully ventured through; no complaints here.

i have been doing a lot of thinking on the topic of existence; in fact that line of thought is the main one behind the existence of this blog. I plan on working through a large-scale post during the upcoming few days, when i will have both the time and psychological space.

and on the music note, i have a song to recommend. I know that just by naming the artist, many people will begging to stereotype against both the song and my character by just naming him. however, that sort of blind prejudice against (or for!) any given type of music is so uncalled for - i know that we all have some sort of gut reaction, and I know I do against country music. but the other day, i was tooling through the radio stations and listened to a few notes that grabbed my ear, before hearing some twangy voice come in. I had to strongly resist the urge to hit the seek button and actually evaluate the music in front of me - the song wasn't amazing, but it certainly wasn't bad.

I fail to think of a situation where those sorts of prejudices against whole genres, and also artists, would be a positive thing.

keep your prejudices, heres the link to a youtube set to the song

No comments: